Thursday, September 14, 2023

Nanny Snuggles

 Sorry I've been missing in action.  My 2 year old Granddaughter has been so sick this past week.  A little bit of everything including an ear infection.  It breaks a grandmother's heart to see the little ones suffering.  I've just been doing a lot of Nanny snuggles lately.  Tomorrow she goes back to day care.  She goes two days a week because Nanny needs a little down time.

I try my hardest to do a little quiet time some time during the day.  I would prefer mornings but I just haven't been getting up early enough.  I really should.  My daughter leaves around 7 so baby comes up stairs then.  So while she's taking her afternoon nap I try to get my quiet time done. My favorite spot to do this is outside.  Fresh air and the sounds of the birds chirping but we've had such a rainy year. 

Baby and I did manage to go down to the garden first thing this morning.  Figured we'd see how it goes.  She was very "helpful" watering all my plants. She even stuck around the area and didn't run off. Thank goodness!  She ate the one big strawberry we found.  She, her brother and cousin all love strawberries.  Actually they all enjoy most fruits.  She even helped carry the rutabaga up to the house.

 






Many plants are dying off.  Some are water logged.  I try to keep them off the ground as much as possible but it has just been a bad growing year.  With baby here 24/7 the gardens tend to get neglected too.  

Poor pepper has a roommate.  There was one little hole in the pepper so I knew to expect something.  When I cut it open, this is what I found. I will just be saving the seeds from this pepper.  I threw it out to the chickens.  One of them will have a treat. 
Someone gave me a pack of 6 Amish Paste tomatoes because they weren't going to have time to do anything with them.  I popped them in to my greenhouse.  They are growing like crazy!  There are so many tomatoes.  I sure hope they ripen for me.  We didn't get hardly any tomatoes last year.
I think this is such a great idea!  Do you enjoy receiving homemade usable gifts?  I'm not very creative but maybe this year needs to be a homemade gift giving year.  I would love some fruit trees but how do you keep them alive until you can plant them in the ground?  I'm in New England.  No popping them in the ground the day after Christmas!  I love new recipes.  I like popping things into a pot and coming out with something yummy. 
This is an example of popping things into a pan and getting something yummy.  I put in what garden veggies we had...summer squash, green beans, potato, eggplant then added onion and Italian Sausage.  It was so good.  So easy and using what we have in the kitchen. Oh ya, I had one red tomato and one green pepper I put in there. 

               I leave you with another photo my eldest granddaughter took on the school bus.





No comments:

Post a Comment