Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Summer day and ponies.

 Just the other day I was talking about cooler temps and doing wood to get ready for winter.  Well, today in the sun, in the direct sun, the thermometer read 111*.  Good grief. I even filled up the kiddie pool yesterday to let Munchkin play in it. 



I went to turn the hose off and when I came back around, someone had "misplaced" all her clothes.  Good thing we have no neighbors to worry about!  

              She then continued to go down the slides and swing on the swing.  What a crazy kid.  

Today we kept the clothes on but she took off on me.  Headed through the woods, down the path towards Grandpy's garage. I could not keep up with her and she was not stopping.  Thankfully God intervened and helped me out.  Down around the corner she went and out of site.  God said, "I got your back".  Lol  Then I heard her crying cause she tripped and fell.  "Thank you Lord" I said as I finally caught up to her.  

Some times watching the grand-babies can be hard on us grandparents.  We aren't as young or as fast as we used to be.  You add weight and bad knees and....ugh.  Haahaa.  



Munchkin is starting drive her Jeep.  Ok, we are learning.  lol  She loves to ride on the broom brooms, the four wheelers with the adults but isn't too sure about the Jeep and how to make it go where she wants or as you can see in the picture, how to stop.  She just kept going and it tried to climb right up the chicken fencing.  She got right back in and kept going.  She didn't get hurt.  

I have actually been on a cleaning spree lately.  Trying yet again to keep up with all the housework.  I've been a stay at home mom for most of my 34 years of marriage.  I did lots of babysitting when our kids were young. Then when they got school age I worked at our local post office for 12 years.  Very part time. Then I worked at one of our local banks for about 7 years when they were out of school but my granddaughter came along and I felt the Lord telling me to stay home with her.  So, me being the wonderful sinner that I am, told the Lord, fine I'll go to part time at the bank.  He then said, Uh no young lady, I said to stop working outside of the home and sure enough, I got fired.  It was a silly mistake and the error was found a week after I was let go but it got me home where God wanted me.

I'm doing a mix of www.flylady.com  and avirtuouswoman.org I learn a lot from both sites but I don't always follow along with everything.  Lately I am trying to do one project a day even if it's just something small like dusting all the cobwebs off the ceilings.  I did that before I sat down to play on the computer.  I have gone through the horrid sock basket to match all the socks.  I ended up throwing out a large garbage bag of single socks.  Where do all these socks go to??!!  They had been there a while too looking for a match because some of them were too small for my 12 year old granddaughter.  

The other day I cleaned out the refrigerator.  That looks nice now and the chickens were happy to get some of the wasted food.  Another day it was the microwave.  Another the dining room table and then a counter top in the dining room that was a catch all. Just little steps but they make big improvements. 

I have used my 2 year old granddaughter as an excuse for over a year now.  It is difficult to clean as she is going behind me making more mess but it has to be done. 

Hey, we had some of our green beans from the garden with dinner tonight. Such a small crop this year.  Sigh. 

Oh, I almost forgot.  The concrete, for the porch project my husband is doing, will be here tomorrow!  Poor guy, spent all day in the hot sun making the forms and getting everything ready to pour in the morning.  Still no help from anyone.  So to help him feel better I got out the foot spa, heated up some water, poured in some Epsom Salt and let him soak his feet.  At the end he said they weren't sore any more.  I had to take a photo to send to my daughter.  It's just not something we would expect to see him do, you know, the big tough guy.  lol  She of course posted it on FB. Seeing as how he still uses a flip phone and wouldn't know how to get on to FB, we should be safe.  Until one of his friends say, hey saw you soaking your feet on FB.  lol  Then we are in trouble. 

                 Well, it's getting late.  I'll leave you with a picture of two of my daughter's horses.  


                   Remington on the left and Riot on the right. Summer time back scratches.


                                                             Good night and God bless.


No comments:

Post a Comment