Friday, September 29, 2023

Tickle Tickle

The fall days are crisp and refreshing.  I try to take advantage of being outside some of the day.  This day my granddaughter picked up a hand full of chicken feathers from our yard and decided to tickle tickle the van.  She is so cute.  What a sense of humor this girl has for a 2 year old.  She is such a blessing.

Our foliage is just starting here in New Hampshire.  I heard a report that due to all the rain we had this summer, we may not have a very good foliage this fall.  This is one of my favorite times of year.  God's beauty abounds more and more.  The colors are usually so vibrant.  The air clean.  I love day trips in the fall with my camera in hand.  I was supposed to go today with a friend for a day trip but it is supposed to rain this afternoon so we'll just do some errands...with the camera in tote just in case! 
 

                                                    Colors are not very vibrant as of yet. 

My husband, of 34 years, took me away for my birthday last weekend. He told me to choose which direction we were to go.  Of course I chose the ocean!  Oh I do love the ocean!  Between schedules and the bad weather and lots of colds in the house, my partner in crime, Sandra, and I have not been able to get to the ocean yet.  So I JUMPED at the chance to go.  It's nice to go during the off season so there aren't many people there.  

Then there was the job of trying to figure out which hotel to stay at.  There were quite a few choices but I knew it had to be on the beach not off on some side street.  So this is the view from our room...

Hubby got a kick out of having his truck valet parked.  For some reason all vehicles had to be valet parked.  We took his work truck so we didn't have to take my camper van...long story there. 

Hampton Beach.  Look at that beach.  NO people.  There was a small glass balcony out the sliding door.  I have to admit, I am deathly afraid of heights so I could only last a minute or two out there.  I did better standing in the room looking out the open door.  

I even set the alarm for 6:00 am in hopes to get a photo of the sunrise.  I made it to the beach on time but it was just too cloudy for the sunrise. This was the best I could get.  Oh but it was still perfect.  To be on the beach early in the morning with very few people there and to sit and talk with the Lord is a perfect way to start the day.  God is good.


And what is a perfect way to end a perfect night away at the ocean?  Seafood of course!  Can't go to the ocean with out having seafood! 


A delicious lobster roll and a cup of clam chowder.  Oh my it was yummy.  Hubby had native shrimp. 



 Two pumpkins growing in my garden.  It has been such a bad year for our gardens.  I do still have a ton of GREEN tomatoes that I am praying will ripen.  Even if they do ripen I'm not sure I'll get any.  My granddaughter loves to eat them freshly picked. 

Well I need to get going.  Have to go pick up Sandra and head out for a little cruise.  See what we can find to do till I have to pick my granddaughter up from daycare.  (the house is so quiet right now).

I leave you with this photo.  This is me following my dad as he tills the garden.  I was looking and collecting worms for him.  He passed when I was 7.  That plot of land there is now a tennis court that my mom had installed long after dad passed.  Must be where I got the love of gardening. 

  

                                                            Have a great day!  God bless! 


No comments:

Post a Comment