Saturday, September 2, 2023

Fall is in the air.

 Finally, the temps are cooling here.  I can actually sit in my room without the air conditioner having to be on.  It is supposed to warm up again in a couple days.

Another indication that the weather is cooling...it's wood splitting time!  My husband barters for the logs.  It's nice to have friends in all different occupations.  When my kids were younger, I can remember them crying when the logging truck pulled in to the driveway.  Haahaa.  "Not more wood"!  It meant more work.  They sure don't complain about the consistent heat the logs pump out!  

When I was younger, I can remember using the little red wagon to haul the wood from the woodshed to the wood room. Don't turn the corner too fast or all the wood falls off and you have to load it on the wagon again and again and again.  lol   Now we use a skid steer!  Spoiled kids.    

 So my husband has another project he's doing in between dirt construction jobs.  He is residing our rental house.  It is his family home he grew up in.  He even cuts all the boards on his saw mill.  







It's a pretty large project he's doing and unfortunately, he's done probably 95% of it by himself.  He always seems to have time to help others but they "forget" to help him when he could use it.  

We will also be putting in all new windows upstairs.  The big hole is getting ready for concrete to support a beautiful farmers' porch.  A lot of upgrades have been made this home since we inherited it. My husband is the hardest worker I know.  He's trust worthy and respected.  He truly is a great guy.  I'm very fortunate to have him in my life.  Truly blessed by God.  Thank you Lord. 

The day lilies were dug up and put down in the front yard near the road.  I may grab some and put them up at our house. I've been told day lilies are pretty hardy and replant fairly easily.  Hope so

I hope you all have a fun and safe Labor Day weekend.  No special plans here.  Maybe some more cleaning.  I think the refrigerator is do for a good cleaning.  One of our local fairs is in full swing but I don't believe we'll be going.  Fairs just aren't the same as they used to be.  Maybe it's just me, I'm getting old.  lol  The crowds, the heat, the walking, and the prices just don't thrill me.  My husband loves to go...with the grand kids.  They are young enough to love it all.  They're 12, 6 and 2.  

School started for my granddaughter, 7th grade, last Tuesday.  My grandson starts this Tuesday, 1st grade.  So far 7th grade is a piece of cake.  lol  I forget her exact words but lets hope she feels the same way on day 100 as she does on day 3.  

My granddaughter takes a photo most days of the sun rise from her bus ride to send to me.  I look forward to them.  I'll have to remember tomorrow to upload one of them.  Its fun to watch the changes in the rising of the sun through out the school year. 


I will close tonight and leave you with these pictures of my youngest grandchild.  Munchkin was dancing and so happy.  She kept yelling, "Nanny! Nanny!  Happy boots Nanny, happy boots!" It was the cutest thing ever.  She loves wearing her cowgirl boots.  Just typing out these words brings a smile to my heart.

                                                             Good night and God bless.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment